Cookies and cream is among one of my favorite flavors in the dessert world. Whether it be ice cream, cupcakes, or even just the plain and simple cookie. Luckily you can find this sandwich cookie in a vegan version at your local health food store (Late July Organic Cookies are a good choice). This creation is great for an afternoon snack or the perfect guilty pleasure while watching a movie.
Cupcakes makes 12
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup of organic granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 10 coursley chopped vegan chocolate sandwich cookies (plus 6 for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 f. Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl combine soy milk and vinegar and allow to sit for a few minutes until the milk curdles. Once curdled, add the sugar, oil, and vanilla. Beat with mixer until foamy.
3.In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients while mixing until well combined. Fold in the coarsley chopped cookies with a spatula.
4. Fill the muffin liners halfway with the batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely before icing. Garnish each cupcake with a halved cookie.
Icing: (Makes 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup of non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1/2 cup of non-hydrogenated margarine
- 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 5 finely chopped vegan chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of plain soy milk
Content and image : theflamingvegan