Total Time:25 mins
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:15 mins
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Heat oven to 375°.
Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
Fold in blueberries.
Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.