This has become my favorite crock pot soup. It is rich and hearty while being healthy. You will love the complex flavor of this soup and it is even better the next day!
1 lb. of Ground Beef (85/15 or 90/10)
1 red onion diced
1/2 cup of diced celery
1/2 cup of diced carrot
1 tsp. of onion powder
1 tsp. of celery salt
2 tsp. of garlic powder
11/2 tsp. of dried oregano
1/2 tsp. of paprika
1 tsp. of salt
fresh cracked black pepper
two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 cup of chopped mixed peppers
1/2 a small head of cabbage chopped
1 large sweet potato chopped in small chunks
1 14 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
1 14oz. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon of beef base
4-6 cups of beef broth
1 bag of frozen mixed veggies( I like carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
1. Brown ground beef and put in crock pot.
2. Add a little oil if needed to the same pan and sauté onions, celery, and carrots with all seasonings until vinegar.
3. When the vegetables are browning and fragrant add vinegar. If the vegetables start to stick, add a little broth and cook until it is reduced.
4. Add in peppers.
5. Cook until the peppers are soft and add to crockpot.
6. Add remaining ingredients through broth to crock pot and mix together.
7. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs. or on high for 4 hours. If you are cooking on high, I suggest boiling the cabbage for a few minutes in broth prior to adding to the crockpot.
8. Add in frozen veggies and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until veggies are cooked. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
Adapted from cleaneatingmag.com
You have no idea how big a deal this is for me. So as you may have heard, I’m a food writer. I love food a whole heck of a lot. The experience of eating can bring me endless joy. I will happily traverse the glove for tagine. Delicata squash is a miracle. I have...
Here are 9 3 ingredient frozen smoothie guide condensed into one photo for easy reference! Use this as a guide to make-ahead smoothie packs – so handy to have in the freezer to just dump into a blender, and plus, it’s built-in ice! This guide is based on the Buzzfeed 8 Healthy Smoothies With 3 Ingredients article which I’ve been keeping...