Skinny Mozzarella Sticks are a super simple and guilt-free appetizer loaded with the comforting flavor of melted cheese.
You do like cheese right? Heck yes you like cheese! If you said NO, well then you are either lactose intolerant or a flat out liar face because everybody likes cheese.
The problem is just that most people don’t think skinny and cheese do not belong in the same sentence let alone the same recipe. We are obviously not those people <and you can thank us later>. One bite of these Skinny Mozzarella Sticks and you will realize skinny and cheese were meant to be united as one.
Hope you Enjoy! =)
Skinny Mozzarella Stick
- 1 large egg
- 4 string cheese, halved
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (for dipping!)
- 1 to 2 tsp of olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1tbsp of water
- Working one at a time, brush wonton wrapper with egg wash
- Place string cheese in the center of each wrapper
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the cheese, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the sheet is reached (be careful not to tear the wrappers)
- Add the olive oil to a medium-hot skillet and cook the mozzarella sticks until golden brown and crispy (about 1-2 minutes)
From : simplegreenmoms