Despite the fact that I love seafood, I don’t have many seafood recipes posted on here on EBF. I’ve decided it’s time for that to change! To kick things off I’m sharing a delicious and healthy salmon recipe today.
The best part about having fish for dinner is that it cooks super fast and you can have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes. <– Always a plus in my book!
Quick and Easy Balsamic Salmon
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets (about 3-4 oz each)
- ½ Tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- ½ Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- While the salmon is cooking, whisk together honey, vinegar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add vinegar mixture to skillet and simmer until fish is fork-tender and liquid reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. For a thicker, reduced sauce, simmer for 5 to 10 additional minutes. Just make sure you don’t overcook the salmon.