Adding pumpkin to just about anything screams “fall is here,” and trail mix is a great way to munch on the good-for-you squash. After you’ve whipped up this treat from Brittany at Eating Bird Food, divvy it into servings for a perfectly portable snack.
- 1/4 cup Sucanat or whole cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup unsalted whole almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted pecan halves
- 1 cup roasted salted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons all-natural apple juice
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 250°. Mix Sucanat, cinnamon, paprika, and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Set aside.
Place almonds, oats, pecans, pepitas, and walnuts in large bowl. Mix together pumpkin puree and apple juice; pour over nut mixture and toss until nuts are evenly coated. Sprinkle with spice mixture, tossing to coat well. Spread evenly on two baking pans.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time. Cool completely. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in airtight container.