Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-litre (6 cup-capacity) ovenproof baking dish.
Step 2Cook pumpkin in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, mash roughly with a fork then set aside to cool slightly. Blanch spinach in boiling water for 30 seconds. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Squeeze out excess moisture then chop roughly.
Step 3Place pumpkin, spring onions, spinach, cottage cheese and nutmeg in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Mix together.
Step 4Spoon 4 tablespoons (1/3 cup) filling in the middle of each lasagne sheet. Fold sheet to enclose filling. Spread 1/3 cup (80ml) pasta sauce in the bottom of prepared dish. Place cannelloni on top in a single layer. Repeat with remaining sheets and filling.
Step 5Pour remaining tomato sauce over cannelloni, season well with pepper and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is bubbling. Serve with a green salad.
- 750g pumpkin, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 large bunch spinach, trimmed
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, white part only, thinly sliced
- 250g low-fat cottage cheese
- pinch nutmeg
- black pepper, to season
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets, cut in half
- 400ml can tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese