If there’s one ingredient that is always on hand in the Dalkin kitchen, it’s Paprika!! Growing up it was essential to so many of the dishes my mom would make, and it’s carried over to my kitchen 100%
Whether it’s in the form of smoked paprika or regular Hungarian paprika or Hot Hungarian paprika, you can bet that it’s on hand at all times. It’s essential for making home fries, whipping up a quick spice blend like the one we are using today, or really making a statement in something like Chicken Paprikash. Any way you spin it, it’s gonna be good!
McCormick has a variety of paprika available – my two favorite being the Gourmet Collection Hot Hungarian Paprika and Smoked Paprika. They make for the perfect spice blend when you throw in a bit of salt, pepper and garlic powder! And that’s exactly what ya need to whip up this Paprika Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa!
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon Hot Hungarian Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 ripe avocado, small dice
- 3 green onion, sliced
- Season the chicken on both sides with the Hot Hungarian Paprika, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken, 2 breasts at a time, and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Flip and continue to cook on the other side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the skillet, squeeze a bit of of lemon juice on top and set aside. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- In a small bowl, toss together the remaining lemon (about ½ a lemon), the diced red bell pepper, diced avocado and green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the Avocado Salsa on top of the Paprika Grilled Chicken and serve immediately.