What do you do when your stomach is rumbling but you just don’t feel like cooking? Turn to these yummy no-cook meals! These easy recipes will satisfy and require only a little chopping, stirring, or mixing.
Glass Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
For an Asian-inspired meal that doesn’t require a skillet, try this veggie-loaded dish you can make in minutes. High in fiber and featuring a sweet-and-spicy dressing made with peanut butter, honey, crushed pepper, and ginger, this no-cook noodle salad is sure to satisfy.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 3/4cups
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 41
- 1 3 3/4 – ounce package bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 2 cups frozen sweet soybeans (edamame), thawed
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut up or sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a large glass bowl combine bean threads and thawed edamame; pour enough boiling water over to cover completely. Cover and let stand 15 to 20 minutes or until edamame is tender. Drain well; rinse with cold water and drain again. Snip noodles five or six times. Return noodles and edamame to the bowl. Add broccoli, sweet pepper, and shallot to the noodles; toss together.
- For dressing, place peanut butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 100% power (high) about 40 seconds or until melted. Whisk in soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Pour dressing over noodle mixture; toss to combine.
- Divide among four serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle with peanuts. If desired, squeeze lime wedges over all.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 303 cal., 12 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 208 mg sodium, 41 g carb. (6 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 12 g pro.
Fat (d.e): 2; Mark as Free Exchange (d.e): 0; Vegetables (d.e): 1; Starch (d.e): 2; Lean Meat (d.e): 1