An herbed wine sauce makes this chicken-and-pasta dish a satisfying meal. Steamed green beans are the perfect accompaniment.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 7 hrs to 8 hrs (low) or 3-1/2 to 4 hours (high)
Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
pounds chicken thighs and/or drumsticks, skinned
cups sliced assorted fresh mushrooms, such as shiitake, button, crimini, and/or oyster
red onion, cut into wedges
cup chopped carrot (1 medium)
cup dried tomato pieces (not oil-packed)
cup dry white wine or chicken broth
tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
teaspoon dried basil, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
cups hot cooked plain and/or spinach linguine or fettuccine, or hot cooked rice
- If desired, in a large skillet cook chicken pieces in hot oil until browned. Drain off fat; set chicken aside. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine mushrooms, onion, carrot, and dried tomato. Pour broth and wine over mushroom mixture in cooker. Sprinkle with tapioca, thyme, garlic salt, basil, and pepper. Add chicken pieces to cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over hot cooked pasta; drizzle with cooking juices.
(Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms)
- 360 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat, 107 mg chol., 350 mg sodium,
- 39 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet