Recipe developed by Anna Berman
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
12 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 poblano, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup Cojita cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish, chopped
Corn tortillas (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine beef, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 tablespoon chili powder; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and poblano and saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add beef and marinade to vegetables and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. In another bowl, combine beans, avocado, cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro, and remaining lime juice and chili powder.
5. Garnish beef and vegetables with remaining cilantro. Serve with avocado salad and warmed tortillas if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: 436 calories, 28g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 26g fat (7g saturated), 10g fiber
In this Italian-inspired healthy pork Milanese recipe, you’ll swear that these crispy pork medallions were deep-fried, when in fact they’re cooked with a nonstick skillet and a mere 3 tablespoons of healthy extra-virgin olive oil. While the pork and sweet potatoes are cooking, steam broccoli or green beans and serve with a squeeze of lemon...
Have a healthy dinner ready in 20 minutes! These low-fat, low-calorie healthy dinner recipes are perfect for busy nights. Recipe developed by Anna Berman Makes: 4 servings Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Ingredients: 4 tablespoons lemon juice 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, divided 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, divided Salt Freshly ground black pepper 1 pound chicken breast...