Spring is on my brain. I know it’s right around the corner, and I can’t wait. I know I am going to be loving this recipe cold when the weather warms up, but for now, this warm tea has been just what I have needed.
I caught a case of the scratchy throat a few times this year. I used honey in here because it has been found (in studies) to be as effective as the most common over the counter cough suppressant! Plus I love hot drinks during cold months because they keep me warm. I love wrapping my hands around a warm mug (my hands are usually really cold!!).
We are dog sitting this weekend, and I am super excited to have a play/snuggle mate!! This is a pic from the last time we watched this adorable guy (his name is Baxter). I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! Can you believe its March already!?
Health highlight of Green Tea: Green tea and black tea actually come from the same plant, and only differ in how they are dried and handled. Green tea is steamed and rolled, a process that helps preserve the natural benefits of the plant, such as the antioxidants. These antioxidants are powerful in their ability to fight free radicals that lead to chronic illness like cancer. People who regularly drink green tea have been found to have a lower risk of a range of disease from gum disease to cardiovascular disease. Green tea also contains L-theanine, which some research has shown can promote relaxation!!
Green Tea Lemonade
- 24 oz hot water (3 cups)
- 2 Green Tea Teabags
- 2 teaspoons Honey (I like raw honey)
- Zest 1 lemon (zest it first, the juice for the below)
- 3 ounces Lemon Juice (3 small lemons)
- Brew the tea bags with the hot water for 3 minutes
- Squeeze and remove the teabags, discard
- Add the honey and stir until dissolved
- I like to let the tea cool a little before adding the lemon (you can add some ice if you want to speed up the cooling process)
- Add the lemon zest, and lemon juice to the warm tea
- Serve and enjoy (make sure it cools a little before drinking)
– See more : girlmakesfood