Meant to restore acid-alkaline and sodium-potassium balance to the body’s organs and glands, this recipe was adapted from the book, Hungry for Change. Included in this recipe, are superfoods that are packed with antioxidants and aid with flushing toxins and subsequently, fat from the body.
Flush the Fat Away Vegetable Soup
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 137 | Previous Points: 1 | Points Plus: 2 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 75 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Dietary Fiber: 8 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 8 g
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes (optional, 1 medium zucchini sliced into 1″ round pieces)
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained (optional, the beans are for added protein)
- 2 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 4 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
Add all ingredients, except spinach, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender. Add spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy! (1 Serving Per Night During if doing the 3 Day Cleanse & Detox)
Tip: If you prefer a thicker stew, after 5 hours of cooking, simply remove 1 cup of soup, along with ingredients, mash ingredients with a fork, return to the slow cooker, stir and continue cooking 1 to 3 hours.
Stovetop Method: Follow the same instructions above for prep, cover, and simmer until veggies are tender, approximately 2 hour. Stir every 15 minutes to prevent sticking. Add spinach at the end of cooking time, remove from heat, cover and allow spinach to wilt before serving.
Source : skinnyms