Cook pasta in a medium-sized pan following packet directions. Add broccoli to pan in the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Drain. Preheat grill to high. Spray a 6-cup-capacity ovenproof baking dish with oil.
Melt spread in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour, garlic and chilli flakes. Stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
Remove from heat and gradually whisk in milk. Return to heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
Add tuna and tomatoes to pan then stir in pasta and broccoli. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella. Grill for 4-5 minutes or until cheese has browned and melted. Top with basil (if using) and serve with rocket and dressing.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace tuna with 100g reduced-fat ricotta cheese and add some red capsicum strips for extra flavour.
About this Recipe
Photography: Mark O’Meara
- 200g penne pasta
- 500g (6 cups) broccoli florets
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
- 2 cups trim milk
- 185g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (optional)
- 4 cups baby rocket with a little balsamic dressing