Chicken and sweet pepper fajitas
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
2 boneless, skinless free-range chicken breasts, cut into strips (350g-400g approx); ½ tsp paprika; 1 tbsp sunflower oil; 1-2 red onions, cut into wedges; 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips; 1 courgette, cut into strips; 1 heaped tsp ground cumin; 1 heaped tsp ground cumin; 1 heaped tsp oregano; 1 tsp chilli flakes (heaped if you like it hot); good pinch of salt; 2-3 tbsp water; 8 wholemeal tortillas
For the salsa, mix: 3-4 ripe tomatoes, chopped; 1 large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped; grated zest and juice of a lime
For the yoghurt: 4 heaped tbsp live Greek yoghurt; 1 tbsp lemon juice
To serve: Shredded lettuce or mixed leaves
- Make the salsa and soured yoghurt, shred the lettuce and put to one side.
- Mix the chicken with the paprika, add oil to a pan, add the chicken and cook for two minutes.
- Add the onion, peppers and courgette and stir for another two minutes.
- Add the cumin, oregano, chilli flakes and salt and carry on cooking for four to five minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add water to the pan, mix well and cover, the turn the heat down really low to keep it hot, adding a little more water if it starts sticking to the pan.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add the whole stack and turn them regularly so each one gets a little time in contact with the hot pan.
- Serve everything together and start building your fajitas. When loading and rolling your tortilla, don’t forget to fold one end in as you roll it up so the filling doesn’t drip out.