I’m all about taking a shortcut in the kitchen every now and then – and that is exactly what this Basil Vinaigrette allows me to do!
It’s my go-to dressing for all of my favorite summer meals and you’ll be seeing it make an appearance in a few recipes over the next several weeks. I whip up a batch every few days and keep it on hand for anytime I’m in a pinch and need to eat something STAT. Because, like I’ve said before, no one wants to see me when I’m Hangry. It’s not a pretty picture. But this basil vinaigrette does have a pretty picture! So let’s all just get excited for the recipes that are in the pipeline!
I’m also SUPER excited to welcome 2 new faces over to What’s Gaby Cooking. They come in the form of 2 of my best friends Matt + Adam. And you’ll be getting to know more about them very soon. But in the mean time, let’s all drool over their gorgeous images with this basil vinaigrette!
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves, stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 3 days.