Why order in when you can whip up one of these healthy, delicious dinners in less time than it takes for the delivery guy to get to your door?
Miso Steak with Green Beans and Baby Potatoes
Makes: 4 servings
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 12 ounces steam-in-the-bag green beans
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- Pierce each potato a few times with a knife, place in a microwave-safe dish and loosely cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 5 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Microwave green beans according to package directions.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray; season steak with salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes a side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a cutting board to rest.
- While steak is cooking, combine miso, vinegar, ginger, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl. Whisk in vegetable oil.
- Cut potatoes in half, then cut steak into 1/4-inch slices. Divide potatoes, steak and beans among four plates; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle scallions over steak and sesame seeds over potatoes, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 360 cal., 16 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 404 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (5 g fiber), 26 g pro.