Some might argue that a true sangria is red.
Me, I don’t care either way. It’s sangria. When you’re drinking sangria – regardless of the hue – life is automatically good. Who would want to argue with that?
This sangria in particular has become a fast fave in our house. It’s sweet, but not sickeningly sweet. It’s just-right sweet. The strawberries lend their signature summery taste while the sour lemon keeps everything in check. Lemon-lime soda tops it off and, I think, makes this sangria particularly drinkable – in a bit of a dangerous way, actually.
And then there’s the buzzed fruit. Thanks to the addition of rum, the strawberries and apples are nice and kicky – perfect for picking out of the glass for a quick nibble.
This is such a wonderfully refreshing sangria – great for the hot, muggy days ahead. And warm summer evenings. And sunny afternoons. And maybe even right now.
White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria
Strawberries, lemon, apples, white wine, and rum make a perfect summer sangria that’ll knock your socks off.
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 5 HOURS
total time: 5 HOURS 10 MINUTES
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine (a dry-ish white wine is best – I like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- Add lemon slices to a large pitcher, then the apples, then the strawberries.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and add the lemon lime soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.
From : kitchentreaty