Spinach Chicken Salad with Mango Dressing
This low-carb chicken salad is done from start to finish in only 20 minutes – which includes a homemade mango dressing!
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 2 2/3cups each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 16
- 1 large ripe mango, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 5 – ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 ounces cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced
- For dressing, in a food processor or blender combine one-fourth of the mango, 1 tablespoon of the cashews, the olive oil, the water, salt, and black pepper. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- Arrange spinach leaves on four serving plates. Top with sweet pepper, chicken, and the remaining mango. Drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons cashews.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 234 cal., 10 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 255 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (3 g fiber, 11 g sugars), 21 g pro.
Lean Meat (d.e): 3; Fat (d.e): 1; Fruit (d.e): 1;