There’s no need to resort to calorie-loaded instant dinners when your pantry and fridge are looking sparse. Low in calories and carbs, these diabetic dinner recipes call for just five ingredients or fewer, so you can make delicious and diabetes-friendly meals without much fuss.
Spinach Chicken Salad with Mango Dressing
This low-carb chicken salad is done from start to finish in only 20 minutes – which includes a homemade mango dressing!
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 2 2/3cups each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 16
- 1 large ripe mango, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped cashews
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 5 – ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 ounces cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced
- For dressing, in a food processor or blender combine one-fourth of the mango, 1 tablespoon of the cashews, the olive oil, the water, salt, and black pepper. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- Arrange spinach leaves on four serving plates. Top with sweet pepper, chicken, and the remaining mango. Drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons cashews.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 234 cal., 10 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol., 255 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (3 g fiber, 11 g sugars), 21 g pro.
Lean Meat (d.e): 3; Fat (d.e): 1; Fruit (d.e): 1;