This recipe for Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate Blondies is rich and indulgent! It’s a recipe you won’t soon forget and you’ll be making again and again!
Let me just start by saying I’m sorry for the lack of words this post is about to have. I haven’t been feeling well and need to make this quick, so I’m hoping the step – by-step photos speak for themselves. What I will say is that this recipe is one of my crowning glories! It is unbelievably good! I will warn you – these are rich, but the salted caramel takes away from the sweetness of the Blondie and the dark chocolate balances it out perfectly! If you tried making these topped with milk chocolate, they would be over the top sweet and you’d be hard pressed to be able to get through more than a couple of bites.
These really are amazing and the perfect example of why I’ll never be overly thin! Enjoy!
I use a silicone pan for this recipe because I find it’s the easiest way to remove it from the pan. With a silicone pan, you just pop it out in one piece and there’s no sticking or breaking. You can get one like mine here. If you don’t have one, you can try a foil pan or using baking paper to line a pan, but I haven’t tried these methods and can’t guarantee you won’t run into trouble! Just keep in mind, if you use a silicone pan that isn’t fitted with any sort of frame (which will be floppy when you hold it), make sure to put it on top of a cookie sheet before filling it to keep it stable and to avoid disaster when moving them in and out of the oven.
Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate Blondies
- For the Blondies
- 1 cups/157g all-purpose/plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda/bicarbonate of soda
- 1 sticks/113g butter, softened
- ¾ cups165g packed light-brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup/150g semisweet/plain chocolate chips
- For the caramel:
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup or light corn syrup
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- 12 oz Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 f/ 170c degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch silicone baking pan..
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together into a large mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl. beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a until fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture by hand until combined (this avoids a cake like consistency).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the caramel:
- Combine the sugar and syrup in a medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until it becomes a light caramel color.
- Add the butter, salt & cream stir until smooth. Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla.
- Set aside to cool slightly, then pour over the cooled blondies.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate melt chocolate in a microwaveable bowl for 30 seconds at a time (stirring in between) until the chocolate is smooth and fluid.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel and set aside until the chocolate has cooled completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Source : errenskitchen