The day I found out that it was possible to make paleo “cheese”cake, was a happy day
SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE!
Past couple of weeks have been exhilarating, so many things going on that its sometimes hard at night to wind down and actually go to sleep! I already told you that I wrote a Dutch e(cook)book, that’s due end of this month (whooooaaaa). Great news is that the publisher (Foodie) already signed me up for at least two more books! How awesome is that!! I think this calls for champagne and a celebratory recipe
SEX WITH YOUR PANTS ON
I like to spoil myself once in a while with a Sex With Your Pants On treat. That way I don’t have to feel deprived while maintaining a healthy diet! This Paleo Kiwi Lemon Cheesecake is a perfect example: it’s is raw, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and lactose-free. Oh and it is deeeeelicious!
One of my biggest battles (until today) is overcoming my sweet tooth. I can have severe sugar and carb cravings. And when I do, better brace yourself. Nobody must stand in between me and my (mostly chocolately) sweet! Haha. Of course, eating clean and healthy does not involve sugar, at least not the processed one (although dark chocolate is allowed, yay!). So a cheesecake like this is perfect when you want to make something sweet for a special occasion and you don’t tolerate gluten, dairy or processed sugar.
PALEO KIWI LEMON CHEESECAKE
No need to waste any more words on it. Pin it, share it, and then make this light, summery and healthy paleo kiwi lemon cheesecake!
PALEO KIWI LEMON CHEESECAKE
- ¾ cup (100 gr) raw nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts)
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup (70 gr) cashews, soaked for 4-8 hours and rinsed
- 1½ cup coconut cream (leave a can of full fat coconut milk opened in the fridge overnight and scoop off the top part, this is coconut cream)
- ¼ cup honey
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 2 organic lemons
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of seesalt
- ½ cup coconut oil, liquefied
- optional drops of vanilla stevia
- 2 kiwis, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Add nuts and dates to food processor and process.
- Press nut-date mixture into a round 7″ springform pan lined with unbleached parchment paper on the bottom.
- Rinse your foodprocessor.
- Place cashews, coconut cream, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and sea salt in the food processor and blend.
- Add the coconut oil last while the processor is running.
- Puree the mixture a few minutes until the cashews are completely broken down and you get a completely smooth, creamy mixture.
- Taste your “cheese” and add stevia (optional) to suit your needs.
- Pour filling onto crust
- Scatter kiwis on top.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours to reach cheesecake consistency.
Source : paleolland