Wanna make the tastiest pumpkin dessert EVER for the kids this fall? Make pumpkin pie monkey bread! This deliciousness is easy for anyone to devour, and it’s super simple to make, even with younger kids. To give the monkey bread its awesome fall flavor, I add pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and a little extra sugar. Then I bake it up and the kids have a total blast pulling it apart with their hot little hands and gobbling it down like crazy.
Pumpkin Pie Monkey Bread
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
4 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
¾ cup light brown sugar
1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
⅓ cup pumpkin puree
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a large bundt pan with cooking spray. Divide each can of dough into 10 small balls.
2. In a large zip top plastic bag, add the sugar and spice and shake well. Then add the dough balls, reseal the bag, and shake well to coat all of them thoroughly.
3. On the stovetop, add the sugar, butter, and pumpkin to a small saucepan and stir until smooth.
4. Empty the rolls into the bundt pan and stuff them in so they’re packed. Pour the warm pumpkin mixture over the top so that it all sinks in.
5. Bake the rolls for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and puffy. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate until it’s cool enough to touch.
Steps for cooking with your kids:
1. To make this with your little ones, set up a station on the counter top with plenty of room in case sugar spills. Have the kids mix the sugar and spice in the bag first.
2. Then have them add the dough balls to the bag. Seal the bag and let them go crazy shaking it up.
3. While the kids are busy doing that, you can prepare the hot mixture on the stove. Then, when the rolls are ready, have the kids stuff them into the prepared bundt pan. When everything is inside, pour the hot pumpkin mixture over the top and pop it in the oven.
4. Once the bread has cooled set it out on a round plate so everyone can grab piece after piece until it is all gone!