Can you believe there is a cake that is actually good for you? This moist carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is not only tasty, but at the same time healthy, diabetic friendly, without added sugar, flourless and low in carbohydrates.
Moist Carrot Cake
- ¼ pound carrots, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 2 cups almond flour
- sweetener of your choice equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- sweetener to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with yogurt, oil, vanilla and orange zest
- In another bowl combine flour, sweetener, baking powder and pumpkin spice. Add to the egg mixture and mix well. Stir in carrots.
- Pour into lightly oiled 8-inch (20 cm) cake pan and bake at 350 F (175 C) for about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely.
- FROSTING: Combine butter, cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla and beat until smooth. Spread the icing on the cake.
– See more at : diettaste.com