In this unique and healthy kale pasta recipe, we tossed gnocchi with kale and a drizzle of honey to play up the sweetness of the pork main dish.
- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cup kale mixture and 4 slices pork each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 34
- 1 cup shelf-stable potato gnocchi
- 8 ounces all-natural pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 ounces torn kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from pork. Slice pork crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Place pork in a small shallow bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and toss to combine. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Drain pork.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook for 2 minutes; turn and cook about 2 minutes more or until slightly pink in the center (145 degrees F). Remove pork from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the same skillet. Add kale, shallot, garlic, and cooked gnocchi. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until gnocchi is lightly browned and kale is slightly wilted. Drizzle with honey; toss to combine. Serve with sliced pork. If desired, garnish with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 329 cal., 9 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 79 mg chol., 354 mg sodium, 34 g carb. (2 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 29 g pro.
Fat (d.e): 0.5; Lean Meat (d.e): 3; Starch (d.e): 1.5; Vegetables (d.e): 2