As a part of Williams-Sonoma’s Juice Week, I wanted to branch out and experiment with some ingredients I’ve never used before. I’ve been seeing fennel at Trader Joe’s so I decided to started experimenting with it. There are so many amazing health benefits that I didn’t even know about! Did you know fennel is great for:
- Supports breast milk production
- Cancer & immune system health
- Supports healthy digestion and can ease constipation, diarrhea, indigestion & flatulence
- Acts as a diuretic – great for eliminating water weight after overindulging!
- Supports clear skin and anti-aging
- Hair health
- Healthy body weight
- High blood pressure
- Female hormones & symptoms associated with menstruation
I love the diversity of this vegetable!
I recently had some fennel roasted with olive oil and thyme in this recipe and it was sooooo good! I also added a little drizzle of balsamic glaze on top which added that extra something special to really make it pop! I think all roasted veggies taste amazing with balsamic glaze and am kind of obsessed with putting it on everything lately!
Ok, back to the fennel! I decided to add it to today’s juice. It has subtle licorice flavor that really goes well with citrus.
Fennel & Citrus Juice
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 pink grapefruit, peeled
- 3 large oranges or mandarins, peeled
- 3 small blood oranges, peeled
- about a dozen kale stems left over from making kale salad