Give dinner a kick with a spicy take on baked chicken. Low-carb and full of flavor, this easy recipe is perfect for game day or movie night.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can no salt added stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen cut okra
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce, such as Frank’s®
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked whole grain noodles
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot. Brown chicken on all sides, about 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Top with stewed tomatoes, okra, dried thyme, 1 tablespoon of the hot sauce, the salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Place the chicken pieces on a serving platter. Stir the remaining hot sauce into skillet and spoon sauce over all. Serve with noodles. Makes 4 servings (2 drumsticks, 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup noodles).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 190 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 95 mg chol., 500 mg sodium, 8 g carb. (3 g fiber, 5 g sugars), 27 g pro.