This citrus-infused side salad will surely be a hit around the dinner table. Plus, it takes less than 20 minutes to make and boasts only 14 grams of carb per serving.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1 1/4cups
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 14
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cups arugula or baby arugula
- 8 seedless clementines, peeled and broken into segments
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds**
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine lime juice, oil, sugar, poppy seeds, kosher salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well.
- In a large salad bowl toss dressing with arugula. Add clementine segments; gently toss. Sprinkle with walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Splenda® Granular, Equal® Spoonful or packets, or Sweet ‘N Low® bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar.
- *Sugar Substitutes: PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 105 calories, 12 g carbohydrate, 8 g sugar.
- **Tip: To prepare pomegranate seeds, score an “X” in the top of a pomegranate. Break pomegranate apart into quarters. Working in a bowl of cool water, immerse each quarter; use your fingers to loosen the seeds from the white membrane. Discard peel and membrane. Drain seeds. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours before using.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 110 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 39 mg sodium, 14 g carb. (2 g fiber, 10 g sugars), 2 g pro.
Fruit (d.e): 1; Mark as Free Exchange (d.e): 0; Fat (d.e): 1