When you want something cold and refreshing, nothing tastes better than a fruit smoothie or icy blended drink. For a diabetes-friendly breakfast or snack, break out the blender and try some of these yogurt or nondairy diabetic smoothies packed with berries, veggies, and more.
You only need five ingredients and a blender to enjoy this Greek yogurt smoothie featuring tart cherries, sweet bananas, and smooth almond milk. Enjoy the low-fat, low-calorie, low-carb drink for breakfast or a snack.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 3/4cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 20
- 1 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened pitted dark sweet or sour cherries
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1 6 - ounce carton blueberry-flavored Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 small banana, peeled
- In a blender combine cherries, milk, yogurt, blueberries, and banana. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses to serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 104 cal., 1 g total fat 62 mg sodium, 20 g carb. (3 g fiber, 16 g sugars), 5 g pro.
Milk (d.e): 0.5; Fruit (d.e): 1;