Teriyaki is a great flavor to spice up any piece of meat or fish, so we added a tropical twist to this recipe with the pineapple and minced ginger. Serve with our Skinny Tropical Rice for a delicious meal!
Skinny Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops
Prep time: 3 hours and 20 minutes (includes marinade time)
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 pork chop + 1 pineapple slice
- 4 — 4 oz pork chops
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, cut 1 inch thick
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- In a small bowl, whisk marinade ingredients together. Place pork chops and marinade in a sealed Ziploc® bag. Place in fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is best!), turning bag every couple hours.
- Remove pork chops from bag — DO NOT DISCARD MARINADE. Pour marinade in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it boils, about 4 minutes. Reduce to simmer for another 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Place in a small dish, you will be using this marinade to brush on your chops and pineapple.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Lightly coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pork chops on grill — cook for 5 minutes on one side. Flip chops over and brush marinade on chops, add pineapple to grill and cooking for additional 3-4 minutes. Flip pineapple halfway through.
- Let chops rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. Place a pineapple slice on each chop.
Per Serving: (1 pork chop + 1 pineapple slice)
Calories from fat: 24
Saturated Fat: 1g