That’s it, I’m officially a fan of Mexican food! I don’t know if it’s the mixture of cilantro and veggies, the tortillas, or all the gooey cheese, but I’m hooked!
It all started when a new Mexican food cart started appearing in the corner around where I live. I passed by there a few times without paying attention to it; but one day I walked by and smelled the most appetizing taco aroma. I decided to give it a try and that’s it.. I immediately fell in love with it and now I find myself making all types of Mexican food. The flavors are wonderful and most of the recipes are very healthy and are composed of fresh vegetables and sauces.
These burritos are very easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time , refrigerated or frozen for months! I made a batch and put it in the freezer for my husband for work. You can also use leftover chicken , I actually had half a rotisserie chicken left over so I shredded it combined it with the cheese, cilantro and avocados and wrapped them up. Burritos are such a fantastic way to have meals on hand and they can be prepared in minutes.
Quick and Easy Chicken Burritos
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ cup Mexican cheese blend ( or mozzarella)
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mix the shredded chicken, cheese, cilantro, and the diced avocados.
- Lay a tortilla flat on a plate and add ¼ of the mixture, form a roll. repeat the process for all four tortillas.
- pour 1 tablespoon oil into a heated pan or griddle. Place all four tortillas on the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium- high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another minutes or until the the burritos are golden in color. Serve warm.
- Burritos can be frozen cooked or uncooked for up to 3 months.
Source : brunchtimebaker