I know, I know . . . what the heck am I doing posting a bright, sunny yellow cookie recipe when the rest of the world is embracing pumpkin?!
Because it is still officially summer, people!
Fall equinox doesn’t happen until September 23rd, which is still a couple of weeks away. So, the pumpkin and apple lovers will have to wait for a couple more days before I go to fall-ish on you!
We are big fans of cake mix cookies and one night we were craving a treat, but only had a lemon cake mix available. We threw in some white chocolate chips, drizzled a lemon glaze on top and HOLY SMOKES. They were pretty much amazing. You know they are good when your 4 year old son tells you that you should put them on the blog.
- 1 (15.25 oz) lemon cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice (more or less, depending on how thick/thin you like it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix (dry cake mix- don’t include ingredients called for on cake mix box), vegetable oil, and eggs. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 6-9 minutes, making sure to not over bake them.
- Remove cookie from oven and place on wire racks to cool. Mix icing together in a small bowl and drizzle over warm cookies (or you can wait until they have cooled down a little bit- whatever you prefer!).