A buttermilk-and-yogurt base gives this protein-loaded meal a creamy, smooth texture, while fresh garlic and cilantro provide the perfect complement to precooked shrimp. Garnish with toasted walnuts before serving.[related_posts_by_tax title=""]
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 2/3cups
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 17
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 8 ounces frozen peeled, cooked shrimp, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a food processor combine 1 1/2 cups of the cucumber, the buttermilk, yogurt, shallot, cilantro, garlic, crushed red pepper, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Cover and process until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the cold cooked shrimp, radishes, balsamic vinegar, and the remaining 1 cup cucumber. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle individual servings with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 270 cal., 12 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 100 mg chol., 346 mg sodium, 17 g carb. (2 g fiber, 13 g sugars), 25 g pro.
Mark as Free Exchange (d.e): 0; Lean Meat (d.e): 3; Vegetables (d.e): 1; Milk (d.e): 0.5; Fat (d.e): 1.5